If you desire a little more happiness in your life, here are a few tips I’ve learned over the years. If only I always applied them! This is more for me than anyone.
1. Get out more, running a few errands can really change your whole mood! Lets make some of the things we do a little more simplified, less planning, Be spontaneous, go for a ride to get a ice cream, or pick up some fresh flowers! Does every outing have to be 20 stops until we are home!
2.Spend more intentional time at home relaxing-home should be a time of refreshing. Lets get back to the times when we sat down as families at meal time, had real conversations instead of texts, and actually knew what was going on in the lives of our loved ones. Sit around the living room and just talk, in out house we call this “a sit spell”
3. Get outside in the sunshine. Spend time on the porch, put your feet up and drink some tea, or maybe read a book, go for a walk, or get down in the dirt and pull some weeds. Or…..lift the blinds and let the sun shine in!
4. Learn to say “NO” sometimes!!! As women we tend to over extend ourselves! Your not a bad person if you say, “I cant do it this time”, or” I cant make it”. If you can’t make every get together, picnic or party, its ok. Maybe you simply don’t want to go, that is ok as well. It is ok to decline. Maybe you are a home body, that’s ok.
5. Pray! Spend more time just being still, praying, reflecting, organizing your thoughts, evaluating where you are at, and where you want to be! If you know the direction you are going, you don’t need to spend as much time stressing about it.
6. Eat more home cooked meals, and drink more water. We live in this fast paced world, where everything is quick. I know how quick I am to order out, when I have pushed myself to the limit physically, and then have no energy left to cook dinner or for anything else. What is the hurry. I always feel better when I’m eating healthy!
7. Get more sleep! Here is permission to sleep in or take a nap! It doesn’t mean you are lazy! Maybe you simply work really hard and your body needs a break.
8. Slow down, lets not be in such a hurry to get through each day, week, month, and year, at the end of it all, we are older. I don’t want to rush towards the finish line. Lets enjoy life.
9. Be sure to take a vacation-even if your budget is small and your time off from work is little-plan a little get away! No worries while you are away, and when you are back home, its a fresh start.
10. Lastly learn to forgive. If you can let go of past hurts and spend more time loving, you will be a much happier person! I know there are situations in life that you will never forget, and certainly you don’t want to put yourself back in a bad situation. If its not healthy, you need to move on, but still forgive. Not for their sake, but for your own! You can forgive and still keep that person at a distance. And pray for them.
I hope this small little list can be a blessing to someone out there. Every life matters and every life is a work in progress. No one has it all together. You can’t do it alone, but you can do it. I believe learning that, can be the first step to the freedom, to be all you can be.
Thanks for Stopping by the Blog